2012年2月5日星期日

What is a cabbage collard?

I want to know what exactly is a cabbage collard. My mother brought it to my attention earlier and is curious as to what exactly is it. I would also like to see a picture of it so maybe if anyone that is able to help can tell me what it is as well as a link to a picture. Thanks
What is a cabbage collard?
Collards, also called collard greens or borekale (Brassica oleracea Acephala Group), are various loose-leafed cultivars of the cabbage plant. The plant is grown for its large, dark-colored, edible leaves and as a garden ornamental, mainly in Brazil, Portugal, the Southern United States, many parts of Africa, Montenegro, Spain and in Kashmir as well. They are classified in the same cultivar group as kale and spring greens, to which they are extremely similar genetically.







http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showima...

没有评论:

发表评论