2012年2月1日星期三

Can you freeze cabbage?

I received about 5lbs of shredded cabbage today and I'll never use it all at once, so I was wondering??
Can you freeze cabbage?
I don't really know about the shredded kind but this is how you freeze cabbage if it is whole.Freezing

Cabbage

Preparation – Frozen cabbage are suitable for use only as a cooked vegetable.



Select freshly picked, solid heads. Trim coarse outer leaves from head. Cut into medium to coarse shreds or thin wedges, or separate head into leaves. Water blanch 1? minutes.



Cool promptly, drain and package, leaving ?-inch headspace. Seal and freeze.
Reply:My mother-in-law makes freezer cabbage salad all the time. She likes it. I don't like the spices she uses, is all.

Here is a web site you might find something there.



http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf59856241.tip...
Vagabond Inn Merced

没有评论:

发表评论