2012年1月26日星期四

I know that cabbage is supposed to bring good luck on New Year's Day, but do you have to eat it in your house?

It smells so bad %26amp; I didn't know if the 'tradition' says that you have to have it at home (like it would bring everyone in the house good luck) or can you eat it at someone else's house %26amp; still have good luck ? Thanks.
I know that cabbage is supposed to bring good luck on New Year's Day, but do you have to eat it in your house?
LOL. When my husband cooked his first every meal for me he made boiled fish and boiled cabbage, ewwww. I opened all the windows and took him out to dinner.



Eat wherever you want. How about a little coleslaw, that doesn't stink up the house, stop at the deli on the way home.



Happy New Year.
Reply:It smells bad because it's been cooked too long and or too fast.



Cut the cabbage into pieces or shred it.

Put into pot/pan and bring just to a boil.

Cover with a snug fitting cover (I like a glass cover so I can watch it.)

Reduce the heat to a simmer.

Cook for about 20 minutes.

I turn the heat off when the cabbage begins to turn transluscent.



I like to cook it with a diced slice of bacon for each serving.



Don C

没有评论:

发表评论